Monday, February 2, 2009

Leftovers

What to do with the leftovers? If you crochet or knit then you know that eventually you will be left with a little bit of a lot of different yarn. Well I figured out something to do to not waste all those little bits; I took all my leftovers and cut them in various lengths an then tied them all together in a random order.The result was this scarf/cowl. I know it's not everyones' taste, but I'm kind of into it!

It's also a super easy pattern!

I used a 10mm hook and leftover yarn, but obviously you could use any yarn you like.

Chain 120 (or to your desired length)
Row 1: Treble stitch in 4th chain from hook and in the rest of the chain.
Row 2: chain 3, turn, Treble stitch in back stitch only all the way down the row
Row 3: chain 3, turn, Treble in front stitch only down the row
Row 4+: Continue with pattern (Back stitch, front stitch) until desired width is obtained.

Finishing: When rows are completed, single stitch around border, tie off and weave in ends...or not, who cares it's a leftover scarf! I also stitched the two ends together, and then twisted it up and around my neck.



No comments:

Post a Comment