6 mm crochet hook
Medium weight acrylic blend yarn (really anything will work)
fabric and sewing materials for lining (optional)
Chain your desired length, I have a LG Voyager from Verizon and I chained 18
row 1: sc in second chain from hook. Continue to sc in the rest of the chain, do not turn. Sc on the other side of the chain all the way down, do not join round.
Row 2+: Continue with this pattern (sc on both sides) until desired depth is obtained. (Once again, for my phone I sc 12 rounds).
Button hook: On your last round SC until middle of second side, chain 9 or so (depends on thickness of phone) skip one SC and join chain to next SC, continue to SC to finish round.
Button: Choose any type of button and sew to opposite side of button hook.
I decided to line mine, which I think is cute, but the cover would work great without the lining also.
1. To line simply measure the width of your case and then add 1 inch. (This will give you a 1/2 inch seam on each side.
2. Measure the depth of your case from the bottom of the inside to the row that you want to attach the lining to (I chose the second stitch from the top). Multiple your depth by two and then add 1 inch (For example, if your depth is 5 then it will equal: 5 x 2=10+1=11 inches).
3. Measure your fabric and cut.
4. Fold fabric in half (pattern side in) length (depth) wise. Iron. Measure a 1/2 inch seam at the top of each side. Iron fabric out.
5. Pin along sides of folded fabric and sew a 1/2 inch seam on each side. Iron side seams out.
6. Sew the top 1/2 inch seam.
7. Fit lining into case and hand sew in. Be sure to sew only on the inside stitch so it doesn't show through on the outside of the case.
If you haven't sewn before these instructions are going to be very confusing! If you need pictures go to Futuregirl and check out her tutorials on "How to sew a lining" and how to "Sew a lining into a crocheted bag." Don't you wish I would have told you this before?